Monday, February 4, 2008

Some good to go with the bad!

First up, let me echo Grant's comment about the "it is not our job to teach him the rules" comment. In playing, coaching and officiating I don't think I have heard a more ridiculous statement come out of the mouth of even the most uneducated fan - let alone a senior, experienced player.

I would like to however take the chance to give some public acknowledgement to particular captains that are very straightforward to deal with (this is not an exhaustive list by any means, just the ones that stand out to me the most):

Chiefs: #30, #70
Eagles: #44
Oilers: #87
Razorbacks: #6
Spartans: #5

More than once in the last couple of weeks have each of these guys acted just like a captain should and pulled their players into line - well done, and keep it up.

I also have to make a particular comment to the couple of players that asked about the spearing post last week: no, I'm not going to complain if you want to talk about a post - but probably in the middle of a game isn't the best of times to do it!


Regards,

Simon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article Simon. The positive feedback will be passed onto all captains as we strive for continual improvement in this area.